Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Book of Genesis Illustrated!


I think summer is a great thing. Why? Because my reading list gets a bit of breathing room and I am allowed to discover and then read awesome books like this.

I suggest this "graphic novel" or "comic" - depending on how you would choose to describe such media - as a read for anyone who enjoys it when people take on the daunting task of illustrating the Bible. 

Note: This is where you can ask me about the awesome 1980s "picture Bible" I also found this summer (if you haven't heard about it).

Anyway, Robert Crumb, who is also of Fritz the Cat fame, meticulously put together this comprehensive graphic and textual representation of the Book of Genesis, and has ended up with a pretty interesting piece here. I urge you to check it out.


0 comments:

Post a Comment