Thursday, September 30, 2010

It has been a few days...

Yes, it has been a few days since my last post. Moving back to Calgary and throwing myself back into school has made me a bit too busy to write in a context outside of "assignments." That being said, I'm enjoying my "assignments" and am nerding out in regards to all the awesome new books I get to read. Is it wrong that I love the library? I hope not. Either way, I don't really care if it is.

Also, I'm taking a break for about two minutes to say a few things:

1. Cats are funny. The place in which I am living has two cats. Their names are Broccoli and Cheddar. Every morning I wake up and Cheddar assaults me because she wants attention. Broccoli has thus far remained a bit distant. She's the alpha cat, I guess, so I suppose that means I have to put a bit of time in before she lets me pet her. Anyway, just wanted to say that cat's are funny. Especially when they do the worm - I couldn't even describe this in words if I wanted to - and play soccer with their food before they eat. Also, it's funny to watch what happens when you sneak up on a cat and make sudden and loud noises...

2. Books are awesome. Read this book. It may wreck your mind because it's all about ecclesiology and the Trinity and Volf is a tough nut to crack, but I was seriously up until 1:30 AM last night reading this because I couldn't pull myself away. Maybe it'll do the same for you:


3. Read the Psalms daily. In fact, don't just read them, study them. If you want to know what I mean by "study them" ask me and I'll give you some resources. Trust me on this one.

That's all for now. I'm sure I'll have some long winded opinionated piece for all of you very soon.

Oh, and one last thing. On the topic of cats, my friend shared this handy clip with me. It explains the art of "cat massage:"

0 comments:

Post a Comment